Register to Win
FREE Trip for 4
Your guide is a competent
whitewater professional who is concerned with your safety and enjoyment. Each guide has completed whitewater training and has demonstrated skills
that exceed our minimum requirements.
Guides participate in a training program that includes classroom and practical
instruction. The topics include:
- Richmond Raft Company policies,
procedures and practices.
- Reading whitewater.
- Rafting technique
- Safety, hazards, rescue, emergency take-out.
- Preparing and running commercial trips.
- Guest relations.
- The James River
A professional river guide is someone who is competent in guiding a raft, executing river
safety, working with other guides and possesses the ability to create a positive
experience for their crew.
- 18 years or older
- First-aid certification
- CPR certification
- Minimum of six training trips for new guides.
- Minimum of two refresher trips for returning experienced guides.
- Demonstrate river skills (reading whitewater and rafting
- Demonstrate river rescue skills
- High water permit (required by the city of Richmond for boating on
river levels 9 feet and higher)
Safety & Liability
ph: (804) 222-7238
This page is Copyright &
copy; 1999 - 2012, Richmond Raft Co.